- Work in an Executive Airport Lounge - Oakland Airport, California
- Work within a professional Catering Team
- Great benefits: medical, dental, vision coverage, Paid Time Off, basic life insurance etc.
- Part time role, varying shifts (20-30hrs per week)
MAG USA is a subsidiary of Manchester Airport Group ("MAG") - the UK’s largest airport operator owning numerous airports and aiding the transit of almost 60 million passengers and 650,000 tons of freight to 225 global destinations. MAG expanded into the U.S. market in 2015 and, since then, we have quickly established a robust services and consulting business, which proudly supports a growing number of airports across the U.S. with a variety of premium services. One of the product lines that MAG USA is focused on are our award-winning " Escape Lounges ," our line of premier, common-use airport lounges.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting directly to the Lounge Kitchen Supervisor, we are currently looking for a motivated and experienced Lounge Cook to join our professional hospitality team at our exclusive Escape Lounge at Oakland California International Airport . This role requires an experienced and rounded hospitality professional as the duties are varied: You will be
- Follow recipes/product directions for creating our freshly made and baked product
- Preparing foods to be cooked including: washing, peeling, cutting and shredding
- Maintaining stock levels and food rotation to ensure our foods are fresh throughout the day
- Being able to operate a variety of kitchen equipment
- Dispose of and recycle of compost and trash
- Ensure the kitchen is clean and organized with a high standard of hygiene
We are not aiming for ‘okay’ we strive for excellence and to be the benchmark service provider.
Qualifications and Skills
- As the successful candidates, you will have extensive experience within the hospitality/fine dining sector with a proven track record in the delivery of high end services.
- Experience in catering or as a Prep Cook highly required.
- You must be a team player and be able to work in collaboration with your team mates.
- Given the nature of the airport lounge, you will have to be flexible around shift times and availability.
- You must be able to pass a TSA background check in order to obtain an airport badge.
- To be successful in this role, you will have a high energy/ can-do attitude. You must be able to deliver on time and to the highest standard.
MAG is a global business that continues to expand not only across the US, but across the world. We want to be the number one airport support service business across the U.S. and believe that great service starts with its people. This is why we offer great training and career opportunities. Our benefits package is one of the most generous in the industry with medical/dental/vision coverage, 401k, HSA accounts and basic life insurance to name just a few.
We are growing rapidly in the U.S. and as such can offer great career options for outstanding people!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, actual or perceived sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical handicap or disability as set forth in the American with Disabilities Act 1990, or Veterans Status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.