MAG USA is a subsidiary of Manchester Airport Group ("MAG") - the UK’s largest airport operator owning numerous airports and aiding the transit of almost 60 million passengers and 650,000 tons of freight to 225 global destinations. MAG expanded into the U.S. market in 2015 and, since then, we have quickly established a robust services and consulting business, which proudly supports a growing number of airports across the U.S. with a variety of premium services. One of the product lines that MAG USA is focused on are our award-winning " Escape Lounges," our line of premier, common-use airport lounges.
Lounge Supervisor – Back of House
- Work in an Executive Airport Lounge at Oakland CA - International Airport (OAK)
- Manage an established professional catering team
- Great benefits: medical, dental, vision coverage, basic life insurance etc.
- Full time position
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting directly to the Lounge Manager, we are currently looking for a motivated and experienced Back of House Lounge Supervisor to join our professional hospitality team within our exclusive Escape Lounge at Oakland International Airport. Working closely with the Front of House Supervisor, you will be required to manage our professional catering team. This role requires an experienced catering/ hospitality professional as the duties are varied. Typical duties will include:
- To assist with the provision of a high quality Lounge experience for guests
- Plan staffing requirements
- Maintain all kitchen equipment & records
- Supervise all kitchen and dining room activities, ensuring quality production and service delivery.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of the food and beverage service
- Collaborate with the Lounge Manager to review employee performance and to provide relevant training
- Maintain knowledge on all liquor regulations.
- Assist with menu marketing the Lounge product to potential customers.
We strive for excellence and aim to be the benchmark service provider for lounges in the U.S. Therefore, this role will require the delivery of innovative solutions and quality service in line with business objectives and MAG's elevated company standards.
Qualifications and Skills
- As the successful candidate, you will have extensive experience within catering management with a proven track record in the delivery of high end hospitality services.
- You must be a team player and be able to work in collaboration with your team mates.
- We have an inclusive, professional culture and only employ staff who embrace and share these principles. Given the nature of the airport lounge, you will have to be flexible around shift times and availability.
- It is critical that you are computer literate.
- You will be an inspirational leader with an ability to get the best out of your cooks and other catering staff, create a culture of success and develop exceptional ‘team spirit’.
- You must be over 21 years old to comply with our service of alcohol policy.