Do you have an extensive background in a modern HGV workshop environment?
Have you always enjoyed learning new skills and techniques and attending training?
Do you feel like it’s now time for something new, making that leap from the busy workshop floor to a developmental role working on exciting new technical and people development initiatives?
Would you like to receive formal train-the-trainer training and extensive on the job guidance/support to bring out that passion for helping other people to grow?
If yes, we’d love to hear from you! We are recruiting for a Technical Trainer to join our energetic and friendly team working regionally across the the MAN network.
In this role you will design, develop and deliver industry leading technical training courses for the MAN Dealer Network, Customers, Clients and internal staff.
Your role will include, but not limited to the following:
• Deliver technical training for workshop staff of both MAN dealers and customers, in line with the agreed training plan (at HQ Swindon, and regionally at key locations around the UK, from time to time)
• Assist in producing an agreed rolling 6-month forward training plan which shows course type and dates/locations
• Research, develop and update all course content as required (fully reviewed at least every 12 months).
• Produce training aids, virtual training, eLearning, and update course material and content as required for each training course/delivery
• Attend (when required), MAN factory Train the Trainer (TtT) courses or personal / industry related training courses/seminars/conferences
• Communicate and assist, where necessary, with the technical support department and Aftersales field teams, to resolve technical issues
• Carry out on site training/coaching to dealers and customers when required
• Work closely with the Technical and Apprenticeship Manager and where required, deliver apprentice training (very occasionally)
In order to perform this role effectively you have ideally, but not essentially, worked in a technical training role previously within the automotive, or more specifically, the HGV arena.
It would be a real benefit to your application if your training experience and knowledge is up to date and you can demonstrate a passion to evolve in line with emerging technologies.
It is important to us to make sure we look after our employees and therefore we offer a competitive salary + plus bonus. You will have access to our extremely attractive benefits scheme that includes perks such as private health care, gym membership, a healthy contribution pension and 25 days holiday (with the opportunity to buy more), attractive VW Group employee car scheme to name a few.