Merseyside Police are recruiting but have temporarily closed our recruitment lines.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Merseyside Police. We have temporarily closed our lines, whilst we process applications received so far. If you are interested in being a Police Officer, please register for job alerts so that you can be notified when our advert re-opens’. Thank you for your patience.
Starting from £23,586 up to £39,150
Various locations across Merseyside
Being a Police Officer is a demanding, unpredictable and highly rewarding job. Our Police Officers display selfless commitment and outstanding professionalism in protecting the communities across Merseyside and with a broad range of exciting career opportunities in everything from Local Policing to Investigations, Intelligence to Armed Policing and across both Economic crime and Cybercrime, there is something for everyone and all are welcome.
Why join us?
Serving a population of around 1.5 million people and covering a geographical area of 647 square kilometres, Merseyside Police is a modern Police Force with traditional values. Putting communities at the heart of everything we do, our Force values, ethics and principles are the foundation of what it means to be part of Mseyside Police.
We offer excellent opportunities for progression and a FastTrack programme which could take you from Constable to Inspector in 2 years. So if you are a team player with excellent communication and problem solving skills, value community, compassion and respect, and are driven by a passion to make a difference, then we are waiting to hear from you.
Eligibility to Join Us
To join as a Police Officer you need to meet the following requirements:
- Not be a member of an extreme political organisation such as BNP, Nation Front or Combat 18.
- Be over the age of 18.
- Be assessed as physically and mentally able to undertake your duties.
- Be from a member state of the European Economic Area or have the right of leave to enter and remain in the UK for an indefinite period.
- Must not have had a Police Officer application turned down by another Force in the last 6 months.
- Must not have an ongoing application with any other Force in England and Wales in accordance with national recruitment policy.
If your application is successful you will be invited to attend a SEARCH Assessment Centre during which candidates are required to undertake a variety of exercises based on the Policing Professional Framework, including:
- Competency based structured interview
- Written Exercises
- Numerical Ability Test
- Verbal Ability Test
- Interactive exercises
If you have any queries please email Careers@merseyside.pnn.police.uk