Visor Support Officer
Grade C - £21,135 - £23,406 Pro Rata
Part Time - 22 hours
Closing Date: Friday 18th December 2020
Please note this is a part time role of 22 hours working Wednesday – Friday.
To obtain, input, manage, maintain, review, update and quality assure all aspects of information relating to VISOR administration held on the Police National Computer and VISOR including sex, violent and terrorism offenders.
To ensure that the Police National Computer is populated to the highest standard with regard to data quality and Modus Operandi key-wording of sexual offences and intelligence information in order to support force research capability.
To provide administrative support to the Sex Offender Managers and to liaise with partner agencies to share information and resolve issues regarding VISOR nominals.
- Ensure that PNC, Niche and VISOR records relating to Sex Offenders and other VISOR nominals are populated accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with the national standards.
- Provide guidance and advice to the force concerning intelligence in relation to Sex Offenders and other VISOR nominals.
- Validate all sex offender, terrorist and violent offender correspondence received within the unit in order to establish if there is a requirement to register.
- To assist the Senior Visor Support Officer with the co-ordination and administration of Registered Sex Offenders placed into Reactive Management including annual reviews.
- To undertake remote contact with Registered Sex Offenders in order to arrange appointments and to clarify any administrative information
- Maintain a file tracking system for sexual offence arrests/charges, civil orders and notification/breach of civil order offences and offences committed by Sex Offenders
- Research and analyse all relevant information from arrest details and statements to complete a full MO and comprehensive key wording of Sexual Offences
- Act as a point of contact for MAPPA queries, liaising with partner agencies to provide information where appropriate. Facilitate, arrange and attend police led MAPPA meetings
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of relevant Force Systems and Magistrates / Crown Court systems
- The ability to process complex and substantial amounts of information in a logical format to be able to work on tasks that require a logical and methodical approach.
- Working knowledge of legislation and procedures listed on JDQ
- Communication skills both written and verbal are required in order to liaise with police/police staff both within the force and externally and to give presentations as required
- The ability to compare MOs etc. across forces is a vital requirement in crime detection.
- Ability to act upon own initiative, working either alone or as part of a team is essential due to hours required to work.
Please note due to the volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the published closing date.
Guidance notes are attached, please ensure that you read these before completing your supporting evidence.
Please base your evidence on the knowledge and experience on the attached Job Description Questionnaire utilising the competencies contained within the Competency Value Framework
Please click here to view the Competencies Values Framework
Equality Act 2010
Any candidate who has a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010, is required to inform us, in order to ensure that ‘reasonable adjustments’ can be made. Our policy, at the stage of interview, is that we will ask all candidates whether we need to make any ‘reasonable adjustments’ in accordance with the Equality Act 2010. Under the Equality Act, a disabled person is someone with a physical or mental impairment, which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on their ability to carry out day-to-day activities.
Merseyside Police are proud to use Positive Action to redress the balance of under representation our team will offer advice, guidance and support throughout the recruitment process to candidates from under-represented groups. For more information please refer to our Positive Action page https://www.merseyside.police.uk/police-forces/merseyside-police/areas/careers/join-us/positive-action-recruitment-team/