Our Springboard Foyer in Rochester has a fantastic working atmosphere and we’re looking for someone who shares our values to come and help us deliver great services to the young people living there.
The foyer is home to nine vulnerable young adults aged between 16 and 25. With your expert support and guidance, they’ll eventually be able to live independently within their local community.
The hours are part time (20 hours per week), as shown below:
Saturdays: 10.00 pm to 8.30 am (1/2 hour unpaid break)
Sundays: 10.00 pm to 8:30 am (1/2 hour unpaid break)
You’ll be reporting to the Assistant Foyer Manager, and you’ll be responsible for providing staff cover for a supported housing project, helping and advising young people of practical solutions to residential problems that may arise.
- Patrolling the buildings and the grounds of the project
- Reporting any incidents, as appropriate
- Completing a handover to the next person on duty, ensuring they are aware of any reportable incident or occurrence
- Regular cleaning duties, ensuring the project and grounds are maintained in a clean and tidy condition
- Preparing empty rooms for re-letting
It goes without saying you will have experience of working with young people with complex support needs but you’ll also need to have some knowledge of welfare benefits.
We would love to hear from you if you think this job is for you. Interviews will be held on Thursday 6th June 2019
We’re committed to our people and offer great career development opportunities and flexible working. This role is operational and requires a knowledge and understanding of lone working principles.