About the Job
You'll deliver Planned Maintenance and Improvement Works as well as Aids & Adaptation Works to our properties. There's a focus on fire safety works, external repairs and painting works, window, door and roofline works, pitched and flat roof works, boundary/retaining wall and resurfacing works. You'll deliver works to appropriate legislative standards ensuring all the necessary certification is in place to ensure compliance. Additionally, you'll have contract administration duties including specification preparation, and undertaking surveys and inspections to our stock to assist in future planning of the planned maintenance and improvement programmes. Your role and scope of works will be influenced by the needs of the Investment team, a key part of the wider Asset Management Team, which includes Senior Project Managers, Surveyors and Apprentices. A DBS check is required for this role.
- Detailed technical knowledge of building regulations, fire safety and other appropriate H&S requirements (including Asbestos)
- Knowledge of building pathology / construction techniques
- Contract administration experience
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to manage client and customer expectations
- Skills to effectively manage and motivate other internal teams to ensure that there is a culture of collaborative working to achieve the corporate goal
- Ablility to specify and design planned maintenance and improvement solutions across mhs homes' stock and write specifications/tender documentation.
- A full valid driving license (any points or pending prosecutions to be declared at application)
- Project Management experience and/or professional qualification (registration number and date of full member qualification to be declared at application)
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure, deliver to strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office is essential and the ability to use drawing packages such as AutoCAD would be desirable
- Ability to work from home, including internet access
- A performance based annual bonus
- Training and opportunities for continuing professional development
- Flexible staff benefits including a cycle to work scheme
- 28 days holiday a year + Bank Holidays and the option to buy/sell holiday
- A range of wellbeing activities
- Enhanced family leave policies
- A fantastic working office environment overlooking the River Medway that’s accessible and inclusive
- Free on-site parking and disabled parking
- Regular social and charitable events and a volunteering day
- A great team of colleagues to work with
For more details, read the Role Profile and Leadership Behaviours attached. If you think you fit the bill then we'd love to hear from you. You can find out more about working for #teammhs here: https://youtu.be/-7o9L8OPn60
We’re Investors in Diversity accredited and a Disability Confident employer. This means if you tell us you have a disability and meet the minimum requirements for the job, we’ll offer you an interview. We can be flexible when assessing people so everyone has the best opportunity to demonstrate they can do the job.
Please note, we may consider closing the job early if there is an exceptional response.