Assistant Team Manager
1 x Permanent Post
1 x Temporary 3 Month Post
39 hours per week
£21,385 per annum from 1st April 2019
(£20,297 per annum until 31.03.19)
Sleep ins paid at £62.64
Wake-in nights paid at £10.81 per hour (from 1st April 2019)
mirus has agreed a market leading 3 year pay deal with Unison which will see staff pay rise every year for the next three years.
At mirus our vision is to be at the forefront of individualised quality affordable services and to empower people to live with self belief, determination and confidence to make choices and achieve goals that enrich their lives.
Opportunities have arisen for two Assistant Team Manager positions for our services in Cardiff.
You will need to have the ability to contribute to providing a high quality service and have a strong vision that can be applied to all aspects of your work. Knowledge and experience of person centred planning is desirable in order to evidence achievements and outcomes for people.
You will be working with a diverse group of individuals with a range of needs including, complex health and behaviours that may challenge service provision.
We want an assistant manager to:
- To maintain professional working relationships with members of MDT and other stakeholders.
- To develop and adopt a person centred approach to services and identify individual goals and aspirations that enables the achievement of positive outcomes and independence.
- Be confident and strong to lead, direct and role model best practice to support staff to develop independence and skill development and promote positive risk taking.
- Harness the skills and abilities of support staff to support them with their learning and development to fulfil their roles and responsibilities with a sense of achievement.
- To communicate effectively and have good oral and written communication skills ensuring accurate records are kept.
- Be able to manage their work time effectively and prioritise their workload whilst being flexible to adapt when necessary.
- Be able to monitor and quality assure support services.
- That you are able to travel between services, external venues and Mirus offices in Cardiff on occasions.
- To have experience of using IT systems to ensure effective communication and planning.
- You may be required to undertake duties as part of Mirus On-call Services which includes evenings and weekends and bank holidays
You will need to demonstrate your life and professional experience together with your knowledge and skills to meet this job profile.
Closing Date: 12th February 2019
Interview Date: 18th February 2019