Powys - Brecon
£8.65 per hour from 1st April 2019
(£8.21 p/h until 31.03.19)
Sleep ins paid at £62.64
Wake-in nights paid at £10.81 per hour (from 1st April 2019)
mirus has agreed a market leading 3 year pay deal with Unison which will see staff pay rise every year for the next three years.
This role provides an ideal opportunity to develop knowledge and experience within the field of learning disabilities. It is essential that you are able to work as part of a team. These posts require a firm commitment to enabling people to maintain present skills, develop new ones and build their self belief and confidence. We are looking for staff who will support people to build relationships, develop new skills, try new activities and seek out new opportunities. You must have a positive attitude and be able to bring passion and energy to this role in order to achieve this. The ability to follow detailed plans is essential. In return, we will ensure that you will receive a comprehensive induction and training programmes relevant to the post. We will also support you to undertake relevant qualifications.
Click here to take a look at our job pack. It will tell you why it's great to work here and will help you complete your application
What we would like from you:
• Have good written and verbal communication skills.
• Be able to provide support based on what matters to each person
• Be able to support people who have active lifestyles
• Have empathy when supporting people with personal care
• Able to support people to make the most of their day/evenings
• Able to support people to run their own home and be part of the local community
• Be Flexible with working hours, to include weekends, sleep-ins/wake in where appropriate, and bank holidays
• provide support to people to go on a holiday or short break
• To be able to drive is essential.
What we offer you:
• Paid time and expenses for work related travel
• Enhanced payments may be applicable dependent upon the role
• Paid Training time
• Fully funded training programme (QCF Level 2 in health and social care or equivalent)
• Career progression opportunities
• Occupational sickness scheme
• Occupational pension scheme (9%, made up of 4% Employer and 5% Employee)
• 32 leave days inc. bank holidays rising to 37 following 5 years service
As a mirus employee you will also benefit from the mirus rewards scheme. mirus rewards recognises the hard work of everyone at mirus, through employee to employee recognition, providing the latest in-house news and employee discounts in a huge range of shops and online stores.
All above posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure
Start date is negotiable at interview in line with your current notice period (anticipate no more than 4 weeks).
Please be aware that this vacancy closes on 26th February so you must submit your application prior to this date in order to be considered.