£8.65 per hour from 1st April 2019
(£8.21 p/h until 31.03.19)
Sleep ins paid at £62.64
Wake-in nights paid at £10.81 per hour (from 1st April 2019)
mirus has agreed a market leading 3 year pay deal with Unison which will see staff pay rise every year for the next three years.
This exciting role provides an ideal opportunity for you to join a new support team who will be fully involved in setting up a new service in Swansea. The service has 8 individual flats and a communal area which people will use for shared interest -activities. The team will support people to build on existing strengths, progress their independence and fully belong to the local community in Gorseinon, Swansea. You will develop your knowledge of learning disabilities, mental health and autism supporting people by working with a wider team of professionals.
If you have a positive attitude and are able to bring passion and energy to this role then this is the job for you. In return, we will ensure that you will receive a comprehensive induction and training and support to undertake relevant qualifications. You will have the support of a great line management team who will coach and guide you to be successful with your new career.
Click here to take a look at our job pack. It will tell you why it's great to work here and will help you complete your application
What we would like from you:
• Have good written and verbal communication skills.
• Be able to provide support based on what matters to each person
• Be able to support people who have active lifestyles
• Have empathy when supporting people with personal care
• Able to support people to make the most of their day/evenings
• Able to support people to run their own home and be part of the local community
• Be Flexible with working hours, to include weekends, sleep-ins/wake in where appropriate, and bank holidays
• provide support to people to go on a holiday or short break
• To be able to drive is essential.
What we offer you:
• Paid time and expenses for work related travel
• Enhanced payments may be applicable dependent upon the role
• Paid Training time
• Fully funded training programme (QCF Level 2 in health and social care or equivalent)
• Career progression opportunities
• Occupational sickness scheme
• Occupational pension scheme (9%, made up of 4% Employer and 5% Employee)
• 32 leave days inc. bank holidays rising to 37 following 5 years service
As a mirus employee you will also benefit from the mirus rewards scheme. mirus rewards recognises the hard work of everyone at mirus, through employee to employee recognition, providing the latest in-house news and employee discounts in a huge range of shops and online stores.
All above posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure
Start date is negotiable at interview in line with your current notice period (anticipate no more than 4 weeks).
Please be aware that this vacancy closes on 17th February 2019 so you must submit your application prior to this date in order to be considered.