Overall Aim of the Role:
As a Nirvana Spa Housekeeping Shift Leader, you will oversee and be responsible for ensuring the Housekeeping Team are maintaining excellent standards of cleanliness in all areas at Nirvana Spa and Nirvana Fitness.
(We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found)
What you’ll do:
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Ensure the team on shift deliver an outstanding guest experience and create a wow factor of cleanliness
- Co-ordinate the shift, organising, directing and allocating roles as needed to all those working in Housekeeping team. Ensure smooth running of shift & all areas of housekeeping is covered and cleaning completed.
- Proactively co-ordinate the performance of the team, with accountability for all areas/issues on shift.
- Complete daily spot checks in all aspects of Housekeeping, providing feedback; address & re-train where appropriate and highlight on-going performance issues to management.
- Promote a good health & safety culture on each shift.
- To confidently handle staff issues as they happen and communicate issues to management
- Assist with the training of new employees into the department and work with the Housekeeping Management Team to lead by example in all aspects of the role.
- To promote a high morale within the team by personally have a positive can-do attitude.
- To be innovative and contribute towards the development of the department with a proactive and forward thinking approach.
- To be active in the Housekeeping Role, leading by example at all times and ensuring consistent, excellent standards of cleanliness
Who you’ll be:
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Organised and pro- active
- Strong communication skills
- Confident in handling difficult situations, mature and discreet
- Enthusiasm and dedication on each shift
- Positive work ethic
- Excellent attention to detail
- Well-presented, personable and displays a pleasant demeanour as well as keenness to assist guests.
- Responsible and trustworthy
What we’ll offer you:
We offer an attractive benefits package, which includes:
- Life Assurance (4 X Annual Salary)
- Medical Cash plan through Medicash *
- Contributory Company Pension Scheme
- Membership to Nirvana Fitness
- Discounts on selected products
- Annual Flu Vaccine
- Company sick pay (1-week full pay / 1 week half pay) *
- Free on-site parking
- Paid breaks
- Company uniform provided
(* upon successful completion of probationary period)
Nirvana Spa and Leisure Ltd recognises that discrimination in the workplace in any form is unacceptable and in most cases unlawful. We have therefore adopted an Equal Opportunities Policy to ensure that all job applicants and employees are treated fairly and without favour or prejudice. We are committed to applying this policy throughout all areas of employment, recruitment and selection, training, development and promotion. In all situations, people will be judged solely on merit or ability.
We will ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic, or national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political opinion/affiliation, age, religion or belief. Our application form will be as simple and straight forward as possible and we will not ask for unnecessary information. Interview questions will be related to the requirements of the job and we will not seek irrelevant qualifications. Applicants will be short listed/selected solely on the basis of capability.