Overall aim of the role
We are looking for people who share our energy, enthusiasm and passion for creating the best experience possible for our guests. As a shift leader within our Restaurant team, you will play a key role in the overall customer experience, working with a team on shift to create a friendly atmosphere our guests will love.
You must have a flexible approach to hours of work, which will include evenings, weekends and bank holidays. We are recruiting a full-time position which will be an average of 40 hours per week with every other weekend off.
Previous restaurant or bar experience is essential.
What you’ll do:
Key responsibilities of this role will include, but not limited to:
- Setting up the department for the day
- Ensuring the highest level of service is delivered at all times
- Allocating breaks for staff where necessary on shift
- Completing shift handovers for the management team
- Ensuring the department is always fully operational, reporting maintenance & IT faults
- Training staff on Customer Services skills, upselling products, appropriate Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Cashing up tills on shift
- Follow licensing regulations
Who you’ll be:
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to be a team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- A highly motivated and enthusiastic approach with the ability to motivate others
- Working under pressure
- The ability to positively manage the performance of individuals
- A high level of professionalism
- A high level of attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal skills
What we’ll offer you:
We offer great salaries and generous benefits and rewards including:
- Life Assurance (4 X Annual Salary)
- Gym membership
- Reward and recognition scheme
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- Discounts on selected products
- Annual flu vaccine
- Company uniform
- Company sick pay
- Free on-site parking
Nirvana Spa and Leisure Ltd recognises that discrimination in the workplace in any form is unacceptable and in most cases unlawful. We have therefore adopted an Equal Opportunities Policy to ensure that all job applicants and employees are treated fairly and without favour or prejudice. We are committed to applying this policy throughout all areas of employment, recruitment and selection, training, development and promotion. In all situations, people will be judged solely on merit or ability.
We will ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic, or national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political opinion/affiliation, age, religion or belief. Our application form will be as simple and straight forward as possible and we will not ask for unnecessary information. Interview questions will be related to the requirements of the job and we will not seek irrelevant qualifications. Applicants will be short listed/selected solely on the basis of capability.