Are you a film fanatic who also has a passion for finance?
Due to some exciting internal progression, we are looking for a Cash and Bank Administrator to join our Manchester based finance team on a permanent basis, ideally, you will have Cash and banking experience within a multi-site retail business.
Here at Odeon we really believe in our employees and offer some great benefits like A free Cinema pass, opportunities to earn qualifications and real career progression!
- Downloading banking information and importing into Oracle.
- To be responsible for administering specific revenue and cashiering accounting duties for all entities.
- Process statement payments accurately and on time to avoid financial penalty.
- Matching and reconciling bank and credit card accounts, including completing month-end bank reconciliations for specific accounts.
- Dealing with operational issues ie change problems, cash in transit and stationery issues.
- To support HR/Payroll in processing payment recalls and corrections to pay in a timely fashion.
- Raising manual cheques, CHAPS and Foreign payments for signature.
- Listing cheques received for coding and ensuring timely banking of cheques.
- Dealing with queries from cinemas and banks, ensuring receipt of all cinema revenue and correct any errors.
- To produce a daily cash position
- Notification and investigation of cash discrepancies.
- Monitor and reconcile past date refunds/contact center voucher sales
- Handle departmental petty cash claims and reimburse floats.
What does it take?
- Cash and banking experience within a multi-site retail business.
- Experience of working within a finance department dealing with revenue and cash processes, including; bank reconciliations and double entry bookkeeping.
- Oracle experience preferable.
- Able to work on own initiative with limited supervision.
- Working knowledge of accounting systems and Microsoft packages.
- Computer literate and able to create spreadsheets.
- Proven record of demonstrating high work standards, where attention to detail and accuracy are crucial to the delivery of objectives.
- Numerate, able to analyse, process and present numerical information.
- Willing to work as part of a team, effective contributor even when the team is working on something of no direct personal interest.
- Able to maintain stable performance and to make controlled responses when under pressure.
What's on offer?
- Salary plus yearly performance bonus
- A free Cinema pass for you and your friends
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays.
- Plus much more!!
Living Our Values
Fun-Passion: Provides ‘hands-on’ leadership, inspiration & promote a sense of urgency in setting vision & goals
Quality-Service: Ensures that all interactions (advisory & service provision) within the group are of a high standard & recognised
Trust-Respect: Listen & act upon feedback from all key stakeholders. Develop & maintain trust with colleagues & senior executives. Respect others’ points of view & empower teams to trial new ideas, make the right decisions & deliver strategy
Co-operation-Accountability: Positively challenge managers & executives to make sure we’re delivering on our strategy & achieving the right business outcomes