Job Purpose: The Business Development Executive will be responsible for the implementation of the corporate sales strategy and for achieving the company’s overall sales target with a key focus on growing and developing new and existing business through ODEON’s Corporate Accounts in Conferencing and Corporate Screenings both directly with clients and through event agencies. The Business Development Executive will be responsible for creating new revenue streams within ODEON that have an impact on Corporate Sales event income.
- Implement and action the key sales strategies for Conferencing and Corporate Screenings to ensure revenue growth and excellent customer service in order to build client retention
- Personally grow and generate corporate account bookings through the conferencing and corporate screening revenue lines
- Obtain weekly client / agency sales appointments both out of the office and within the cinemas to increase revenues (weekly targets will be set) through proactive sales calls
- Have the ability and proven track record of presenting to blue chip clients on a one to one basis and to larger audiences (100+ people)
- Assist the Head of Sales in establishing and implementing best practice through adhering to service levels (SLA’s)
- Drive National and local partnerships to increase awareness of our product offering where appropriate
- Work with key stakeholders within the ODEON business to bring sales to fruition
- Carry out accurate sales reporting, including activity reports, confirmed, forecast and pipeline sales.
- Communicate results, meetings outcome, pipeline effectively and provide business update reports to the Senior Sales Manager / Head of Sales
- Assist the Head of Sales with the annual budget process for both sales and marketing spend to ensure ideas for growth are included where applicable
- Undertake any reasonable duties or special projects as requested by the Head of Sales.
- Substantial experience in business to business sales within a corporate market
- Proven experience of successful sales, lead-generation and lead conversion to corporate clients and blue chip companies ideally within the conferencing and events and corporate hospitality industries.
- A proactive venue sales background is preferable but not essential
- Commitment to delivering a high level of client service
- Ability to participate as a member of a team. An effective contributor to the overall team effort
- High level of communication skills, able to express ideas and information
- Good understanding of the importance of client data and insight
- Ability to travel
Living Our Values
I organise fun activities that keep the team engaged and celebrate our achievements
When managing others, I question and challenge in a way that respects others’ input and builds trust
I work hard to raise the bar for service, constantly looking for ways to make things better for guests at every stage of their journey
I take responsibility for my team’s performance and make sure people are motivated and able to achieve targets
I lead activities to measure our success so that we can keep improving
I encourage open feedback that enables people to learn and develop
I take personal responsibility for my team’s performance and sense of company direction