OneMedicalGroup is a national award-winning health and wellbeing company, working within the NHS.
Through five complementary divisions, OneMedicalGroup supports and delivers high quality NHS services across primary, urgent and community care settings.
We support the NHS and healthcare community with delivering innovative and sustainable care for all, working as a powerful and positive collaborator with the aim of improving people’s lives.
In addition we deliver care to over 600,000 people a year across 15 NHS primary, urgent and community care services across the UK.
We are an innovative health & wellbeing company, born and bred in Yorkshire.
Our mission is to be the nation’s leading integrated primary care and health & wellbeing provider. We do this through building healthy communities and spaces, collaboration and consultancy, technology innovation and high quality care.
We have a vacancy for a Practice Nurse who is looking for the next step in the career and wants to help grow and build the Surgery.
The surgery is completely new and will be officially opened at the end of the year.
The job holder will have to:
- assess, plan, develop, implement and evaluate programmes that promote health and well-being, and prevent adverse effects that are detrimental to health
- implement and evaluate individual treatment plans for patients with long-term conditions
- identify and manage appropriately patients at risk of developing a long-term condition
- prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including the initiation of effective emergency care.
- provide information and advice on prescribed or over-the-counter medication on medication regimes, side effects and interactions.
- assess and care for patients with uncomplicated wounds
- support and advise women requesting information on contraception and sexual health.
- support and manage health needs of women presenting for cervical cytology consultations, obtaining cytology samples in accordance with the cervical screening programme and competencies.
- recognise, assess and refer patients presenting with mental health needs in accordance with the National Framework (NSF) for Mental Health.
- implement and participate in vaccination and immunisation programmes for both adults and children.
- advise, support and if required, administer vaccinations for patients travelling abroad.
- promote and deliver evidence-based care for patients presenting for ear-syringing.
- assist senior practitioners in providing minor-surgery sessions.
Therefore, the successful candidate must:
- be a certified Registered Nurse
- have a current NMC registration
- be registered with the relevant professional body
- be a specialist practitioner qualified in Practice Nursing
- have clinical skills (cervical cytology, immunization, vaccination, ear care, minor surgery)
- have Knowledge of patients with long term conditions
- be familiar with the Patient Group Directions (PGD’s) and associated policy