We are different. OnePrimaryCare’s mission is to provide the best integrated primary care services working with communities with a strong focus on health and wellbeing for both patients and our staff. Delivering high quality general practice, and working as part of the wider health system, including social care, as a powerful and positive collaborator, our aim is to improve lives for all. We do this with a strong focus on health and wellbeing, health education, working at scale and sustainability, strong leadership, quality improvement, new model of care, workforce development and technology.
We want to be the best place to work in the NHS.
We are looking for a highly motivated General Practitioner with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of safe and effective care to the whole practice population, working closely with the practice manager and other GPs to deliver the practice priorities.
This is a varied clinical role within management of various patient groups, however, there is a focus on management of female patients, covering all aspects of female interventions. You will be part of the wider Clinical team at St Thomas Road who you will be supported by.
Clinical Responsibilities & Key Skills
- To provide experience medical services, based on patient needs, where appropriate and skilled, with a focus on continuity of care
- To undertake planned and urgent primary care as necessary, in conjunction with other clinical colleagues, within practice opening hours
- As a clinician, provide patient focused, evidence based practice to a high standard
- Provide support and advice to the clinical workforce and colleagues within the Group
- Be accountable for operating within the clinical governance framework for the Group at all times, incorporating service users and carers, audit, guidelines and risk management
- Act as an advocate for patients, nurses, colleagues and OnePrimaryCare
- Promote and deliver the OnePrimaryCare business model via the clinical strategy
- Ensure effective communication
- Be committed to innovation and continual improvement. Encourage and support research and development
- Promote inter-professional training and education with colleagues and Allied Health Professionals
- Promote, develop and support colleagues entering Primary Care, linking with universities to embed strategic linkages and provide training opportunities where possible
- Act as an advisor and role model for all staff, the Group and external stakeholders
- To take part in clinical meetings and clinical supervision
- To participate in QI, development and learning, as part of the practice team.
- Review and respond to relevant Incident Reports at site level and raise any clinical concerns with the Clinical Director
- Support the local lead for Infection Prevention and Control
- Support the local lead for Safeguarding of Adult and Children
- Perform regular clinical audit for their site(s) and report into the group Clinical Governance Committee
- Experienced clinical General Practitioner
- Primary care experience is desirable
- Works within Clinical Governance framework
- Works productively in a high pressured environment
- Adapts to the team and builds team spirit
- Understands NHS process/systems
- Strong communication skills
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Creative, flexible and able to work in a time pressured environment
- Strong computer literacy