OneMedical Group is a national award-winning health and wellbeing company, working within the NHS.
We support the NHS and healthcare community with delivering innovative and sustainable care for all, working as a powerful and positive collaborator with the aim of improving people’s lives.
Our mission is to be the nation’s leading integrated primary care and health & wellbeing provider. We do this through building healthy communities and spaces, collaboration and consultancy, technology innovation and high quality care.
We have an amazing opportunity for an Advanced Clinical Practitioner to join our team at Corby Urgent Care Centre.
Corby Urgent Care Centre offers a high standard of unscheduled care from early morning to late evening for patients attending with a wide variety of undifferentiated conditions.
Preferably you would be an Advanced Practitioner with evidence of MSc level education, ideally in Advancing Practice/Health Assessment/ Decision Making / Minor Illness or Injury. Nevertheless, we would also consider applications from clinicians working towards these qualifications or an experienced nurse practitioner within a minor injury or illness/emergency department/primary care setting or who is willing to develop towards advanced level practice.
In addition to standard nursing duties, the job holder will be accountable, in conjunction with the Lead Nurse, for the clinical governance and leadership at the surgery, in order to ensure the safe, effective and compliant delivery of services to all patients.
Besides the salary they can also enjoy our benefits package (generous annual leave entitlement, NHS discounts; a day off for you annual anniversary; enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave pay; cycle to work scheme; training courses & webinars, dedicated Employee Assistance Programme, etc.)
The job holder will have to:
- use expert clinical knowledge, clinical assessment and decision making to provide excellent patient care
- manage patients with undifferentiated undiagnosed problems as well as those with complex needs
- take responsibility for making autonomous decisions in relation to patient care
- make a diagnosis and initiate an appropriate care plan, including any necessary tests of referral, using advanced assessment skills of history taking and clinical examination
- prescribe within current parameters according to prescribing authority for extended and supplementary prescribing
- provide expert clinical advice to other Healthcare Professional working in primary care
- comply and work to local and national care pathways and guidelines e.g. NICE
- ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times as per Caldicott requirements
- embraces the One Medical Group Values in day to day work
- operate within the agreed guidelines and requirements of both One Medical Group and the local health economy (including referral, prescribing)
Therefore, the successful candidate must:
- be registered with current NMC/ HCPC/GpHC registration
- have a MSc in Advanced Practice or equivalent qualification
- be a certified independent prescriber represents an advantage
- understand NHS process/systems
- have experience in minor illness management
- be proficient in managing whole episodes of care, whilst being part of a larger MDT
- be a ‘self-starter’ with the ability to plan and organise workload effectively
- have strong communication skills & excellent attention to detail
- be able to work productively in a high pressured environment with a ‘can do’ attitude
- have strong computer literacy
- write clearly, succinctly and correctly
Apply now or contact Cristina, our Recruitment Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.