OneMedical Group is a national award-winning health and wellbeing company, working within the NHS.
Our mission is to be the nation’s leading integrated primary care and health & wellbeing provider. We do this through building healthy communities and spaces, collaboration and consultancy, technology innovation and high quality care.
The Light is the largest GP Practice within OneMedical Group. Our list size is 13500 patients and we are looking to grow this further.
We are located in The Light; a leisure and retail centre in the heart of Leeds. Within The Light complex there is a cinema, gym and numerous restaurants. The ground floor of the building has car parking and The Light staff are eligible for discounted rates.
The Light is a unique GP practice serving people who live or work in Leeds city centre. The registered population is approximately 13,000 and the majority of patients are young professionals and families.
Working at The Light is busy, challenging and rewarding. The team is friendly, supportive and helpful.
We are looking for experienced Advanced Nurse Practitioners to join our team at The Light Surgery.
Supported by a vibrant MDT and underpinned by robust governance structures, we ensure that our clinicians have time to focus on care delivery and be truly accountable to their community.
Besides the salary they can also enjoy our benefits package (25 leave days + BHs; NHS discounts; a day off for you annual anniversary; enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave pay; cycle to work scheme; training courses & webinars, etc.)
The job holder will have to:
- use expert clinical knowledge, clinical assessment and decision making to provide excellent patient care
- manage patients with undifferentiated undiagnosed problems as well as those with complex needs
- take responsibility for making autonomous decisions in relation to patient care
- make a diagnosis and initiate an appropriate care plan, including any necessary tests of referral, using advanced assessment skills of history taking and clinical examination
- prescribe within current parameters according to prescribing authority for extended and supplementary prescribing
- provide expert clinical advice to other Healthcare Professional working in primary care
- comply and work to local and national care pathways and guidelines e.g. NICE
- ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times as per Caldicott requirements
- embraces the One Medical Group Values in day to day work
- operate within the agreed guidelines and requirements of both One Medical Group and the local health economy (including referral, prescribing)
Therefore, the successful candidate must:
- be registered with current NMC/ HCPC/GpHC registration
- have a MSc in Advanced Practice or equivalent qualification
- be a certified independent prescriber
- understand NHS process/systems
- have primary care experience as well as experience in minor illness management
- be proficient in managing whole episodes of care, whilst being part of a larger MDT
- be a ‘self-starter’ with the ability to plan and organise workload effectively
- have strong communication skills & excellent attention to detail
- be able to work productively in a high pressured environment with a ‘can do’ attitude
- have strong computer literacy
- write clearly, succinctly and correctly