OneMedicalGroup is a national award-winning health and wellbeing company, working within the NHS.
Through five complementary divisions, OneMedicalGroup supports and delivers high quality NHS services across primary, urgent and community care settings.
We support the NHS and healthcare community with delivering innovative and sustainable care for all, working as a powerful and positive collaborator with the aim of improving people’s lives.
In addition we deliver care to over 600,000 people a year across 15 NHS primary, urgent and community care services across the UK.
We are an innovative health & wellbeing company, born and bred in Yorkshire.
Our mission is to be the nation’s leading integrated primary care and health & wellbeing provider. We do this through building healthy communities and spaces, collaboration and consultancy, technology innovation and high quality care.
OnePrimaryCare deliver a number of patient centred Primary Care services across the Leeds region, including Shakespeare Medical Practice, Wetherby Surgery, Westgate Surgery and The Light Surgery.
This is an opportunity to provide care that will really make a difference, by working within a caring, compassionate team who truly put the patients at the forefront of everything they do.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, patient focused Advanced Practitioner who is comfortable working autonomously when making decisions relating to patient care. You will ideally have experience within a primary care setting and your high standards of patient care will naturally inspire those you work with.
In addition to standard nursing duties, the ANP/ACP role is accountable in conjunction with the Lead Nurse for the clinical governance of the centre and is designed to provide clinical leadership in the Centre, in order to ensure the safe, effective and compliant delivery of services to all patients.
The job holder will have to:
- use expert clinical knowledge, clinical assessment and decision making to provide excellent patient care
- manage patients with undifferentiated undiagnosed problems as well as those with complex needs
- take responsibility for making autonomous decisions in relation to patient care
- make a diagnosis and initiate an appropriate care plan, including any necessary tests of referral, using advanced assessment skills of history taking and clinical examination
- prescribe within current parameters according to prescribing authority for extended and supplementary prescribing
- provide expert clinical advice to other Healthcare Professional working in primary care
- comply and work to local and national care pathways and guidelines e.g. NICE
- ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times as per Caldicott requirements
- embraces the One Medical Group Values in day to day work
- operate within the agreed guidelines and requirements of both One Medical Group and the local health economy (including referral, prescribing)
Therefore, the successful candidate must:
- be registered with current NMC/ HCPC/GpHC registration
- have a MSc in Advanced Practice or equivalent qualification
- be a certified independent prescriber
- understand NHS process/systems
- have primary care experience as well as experience in minor illness management
- be proficient in managing whole episodes of care, whilst being part of a larger MDT
- be a ‘self-starter’ with the ability to plan and organise workload effectively
- have strong communication skills & excellent attention to detail
- be able to work productively in a high pressured environment with a ‘can do’ attitude
- have strong computer literacy
- write clearly, succinctly and correctly
This is an opportunity to provide care that will really make a difference by working within a caring, compassionate team who truly put the patients at the forefront of their work.
Apply now or contact Cristina, our Recruitment Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.