OneMedical Group was founded in 2004 on the idea that there is a better way to care for communities. Our mission of ‘Improving Lives’ is underpinned by our core values of ‘Putting People First, Working Together for a Better Future’. We are committed to NHS values and reducing health inequalities.
We believe in delivering services that improve the health and wellbeing of individuals and communities, making sure primary care, as the foundation of the NHS, can thrive. Our focus is on services that help our patients and their families adopt and sustain healthy behaviours, that improve health and quality of life, and lead to better health outcomes.
OneMedical Group is looking for a Clinical Service Manager to join our team at Sheffield Walk-in Centre.
Reporting into the Director of NHS Services, the Clinical Services Manager plays a vital role in ensuring that the day-to-day operations of our patient services business runs smoothly. Utilising your in-depth Unscheduled Care and clinical knowledge, you will be able to translate legislative and operating developments into clinical service delivery designed to meet the needs of the service users and contractual requirements.
Your time will be split between clinical sessions, whereby you will lead by example effectively triaging and treating patients, and leadership and management sessions where you will provide clinical and operational guidance to your team. Working closely with the Service Delivery Leadership Team, you will monitor and manage the performance of the service including Key Performance Indicators, financial effectiveness, and quality schedules.
You will also responsible for clinical governance within the Centre supported by the Director of NHS Services and will provide clinical leadership in order to ensure the safe, effective and compliant delivery of services to all patients. In addition to this, as Clinical Services Manager, you will ensure that effective methods are put into place in order for the service to operate efficiently, delivering high quality care to patients and clients.
For further information about the role, please see attached job description.
About Sheffield Walk-in Centre
Sheffield Walk-In Centre offers a high standard of unscheduled care from early morning to late evening for patients attending with a wide variety of undifferentiated conditions. The centre is staffed primarily by our team of experienced Clinicians with additional support from other clinical and non-clinical members of staff.
At Sheffield Walk-in Centre we provide treatment for minor injuries (minor wounds including lacerations and burns; we will also refer patient for follow up treatment if necessary) and minor illness (patients who need treatment for common illness conditions that are too urgent to wait for a GP appointment but do not need emergency treatment at an A&E department) for our local community.
We are opened Monday to Sunday 8am to 10pm
Location: 75 Broad Ln, Sheffield City Centre, Sheffield S1 3PB
Why join us?
We want to make work as rewarding as possible whilst protecting everyone’s wellbeing and helping you thrive.
- NHS pension
- NHS discounts
- 25 days annual leave +BH’s per annum (pro rata for part time)
- Additional day off each year for your work anniversary
- Family friendly paid benefits
- Access to wellbeing support through a dedicated hub and an EAP service
- Cycle to work scheme and eye car vouchers
The added perks;
- As part of a larger group, you will access to mentorship, clinical networks and peer group support, as well as opportunities to train, learn and develop.
- Our leadership group support with governance, patient safety, complaints management, QOF and quality improvement activity to help protect the practice.
- You’ll work in a safe and supported environment, with protection through company- wide governance.
- You will have opportunities to grow and develop your career
- You will have opportunities to work flexibility, in both F2F and remote settings, and balance your life as a health professional.