OneMedical Group was founded in 2004 on the idea that there is a better way to care for communities. Our mission of ‘Improving Lives’ is underpinned by our core values of ‘Putting People First, Working Together for a Better Future’. We are committed to NHS values and reducing health inequalities.
We believe in delivering services that improve the health and wellbeing of individuals and communities, making sure primary care, as the foundation of the NHS, can thrive. Our focus is on services that help our patients and their families adopt and sustain healthy behaviours, that improve health and quality of life, and lead to better health outcomes.
We are pleased to announce that St Neots Health Centre has joined OneMedical Group team from 1 December; we will be continuing and building on the good work of the team. We’re excited about moving the service forwards and to what the future holds.
We are looking for a forward thinking Patient Navigator/Receptionist to facilitate and deliver a patient centric experience, supporting all other functions in delivering outstanding patient care, utilising a variety of platforms including front of house (reception), back office support functions and telephone services.
Utilising your patient navigation training (provided in house), you will work with our existing team to provide patient focused telephone and administration services that assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professionals.
You will have exceptional communication skills, experience of using IT systems and work well under pressure. Working as part of a team who really care about putting our patients first will be a huge motivator for you.
Note: Please note that this is a part time job. The full time equivalent for us is 40 hours per week. There is no pre-set work pattern. We are flexible in assigning the hours, taking into consideration your availabilities/possibilities alongside the practice needs.
Location: St Neots Health Centre, Moore's Walk, Saint Neots PE19 1AG
Why join us?
We want to make work as rewarding as possible whilst protecting everyone’s wellbeing and helping you thrive.
- NHS pension
- NHS discounts
- 25 days annual leave + BH’s per annum (pro rata for part time)
- Additional day off each year for your work anniversary
- Family friendly paid benefits
- Access to wellbeing support through a dedicated hub and an EAP service
- Cycle to work scheme and eye care vouchers
The added perks;
- As part of a larger group, you will access to mentorship, clinical networks and peer group support, as well as opportunities to train, learn and develop.
- Our leadership group support with governance, patient safety, complaints management, QOF and quality improvement activity to help protect the practice.
- You’ll work in a safe and supported environment, with protection through company- wide governance.
- You will have opportunities to grow and develop your career
- You will have opportunities to work flexibility, in both F2F and remote settings, and balance your life as a health professional.
OneMedical Group is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. Throughout the recruitment process we want all candidates to be at their best. If you would like to discuss the support options available during the recruitment process please email: email@example.com