OnePrimaryCare, part of OneMedical Group, has a very exciting and new opportunity for a Head of Primary Care to join a thriving and dynamic team.
Helping to consolidate our existing resource and expertise, this role will lead our primary care teams into the future through innovative change and commercial thinking to how we operate, function and grow. The role will enable us to strengthen powerful alliance to partners in the local government, healthcare and community sectors, because we know that together, we can achieve the best possible health outcomes.
We are committed to providing a supportive work environment where employees are able to work to the best of their abilities. We value professional development and care about the health and wellbeing of our staff, with many initiatives in place to make us an employer of choice and an organisation that employees are proud to be part of.
The Head of Primary Care will ensure our services are operating efficiently and sustainably; that they are providing high quality patient care, whilst also optimising income opportunities through the achievement of local and national initiatives.
The post holder will be expected to work in partnership with teams to ensure that there is consistency of offer for patients across our services, building strong working relationships with partners and stakeholders to improve health and care outcomes for all. The post-holder will hold responsibility for a portfolio of areas and support the development, interpretation, implementation and monitoring of overall patient and service outcomes.
What you’ll thrive on
- Working within a wider primary care team to make operational and transformational changes that support contract and income optimisation, as well as high quality patient care
- Making commercial decisions and bringing new innovate ideas to the table that may not be the ‘norm’
- Supporting a growing primary care team in managing our contracts and finding ways of operating in an effective and sustainable way
- Thinking differently about workforce, service modelling and its performance through training, development and data
- Setting leadership teams up for success, reaching objectives and working in partnership with support teams to achieve shared goals
- Managing people, projects and budgets through change management and workforce challenges
What we’re looking for
- An experienced business leader who thinks dynamically with demonstrable successes in transforming services, teams and business outcomes
- Preferably a leader with healthcare experience but it doesn’t have to be within primary care
- Someone who isn’t afraid of challenging current thinking and who uses information and data to help inform their decision making
- Someone who can communicate effectively and build relationships with key internal and external relationships i.e., ICB board members and commissioners
- Someone who is knowledgeable about healthcare systems and the future of the NHS
What we offer
- NHS Pension
- 33 days annual leave (inc. Bank Holidays)
- Extra days leave for work anniversary each year
- Enhanced Maternity, Maternity Support (Paternity), Adoption pay
- Family friendly employment policies
- Special and Significant Event Leave
- Free Access to an online health club
- Participation in OMG’s refer a friend scheme
- 24/7 free access to an Employee Assistance Program run by awarding winning Health Assured
- Eye care scheme – free eye test plus a contribution towards glasses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Personal and professional development
Working at OneMedical Group
Our teams at OneMedical Group, whether working for OnePrimaryCare, OneWellness, OneMedicalProperty or within our Support Centre all come together, collaborate, share ideas and have fun! The team is made up of forward thinking and people centred individuals with different skills and abilities, where you can learn from each other and make a really positive and valuable impact.
You will be based from our support centre in Leeds but national travel to our services will be required. The role is 40 hours per week but we are open to job share and flexible working.
Who we are
OneMedical Group is a family run organisation with our co-founders still involved in supporting our teams to be their best. We have an ambitious strategy and mission, one that is shared and supported by our whole Group. The Group was started with the vision of delivering healthcare differently, and to make a real difference to the communities that we work with.
Our people are encouraged to bring their whole self to work and to be your own person. Our teams form communities, ones where we have creative thinkers and doers who enable us to achieve the mission we have set ourselves. We can only achieve our mission through our incredible people.