OneMedicalGroup is a national award-winning health and wellbeing company, working within the NHS.
Through five complementary divisions, OneMedicalGroup supports and delivers high quality NHS services across primary, urgent and community care settings.
We support the NHS and healthcare community with delivering innovative and sustainable care for all, working as a powerful and positive collaborator with the aim of improving people’s lives.
In addition we deliver care to over 600,000 people a year across 15 NHS primary, urgent and community care services across the UK.
We are an innovative health & wellbeing company, born and bred in Yorkshire.
Our mission is to be the nation’s leading integrated primary care and health & wellbeing provider. We do this through building healthy communities and spaces, collaboration and consultancy, technology innovation and high quality care.
OnePrimaryCare delivers a number of patient centred Primary Care services across the Leeds region, including Shakespeare Medical Practice, Wetherby Surgery, Westgate Surgery and The Light Surgery.
The successful candidate will work under the indirect supervision of the registered nurse delivering a high standard care in a safe environment that meets the patients’ needs, whilst maintaining privacy and dignity. The Health Care Assistant will work as part of the MDT alongside a team of Nurse Practitioners and other HCAs; to support the smooth running of the urgent care service, aiding the clinical team and providing advice and care to patients whilst developing new skills.
- Urinalysis and preparation of specimens for investigation by the pathology laboratory ·
- Measuring and recording following physiological measurements in routine presentations:
- blood pressure;
- pulse rate and rhythm;
- height and weight - body mass index;
- visual acuity;
- glucose tolerance test;
- peak flow readings;
- inhaler technique;
- Support and monitor patients during nebulisation therapy ·
- Undertake spirometry under indirect supervision ·
- Prepare and maintain environments and equipment before, during and after patient care interventions ·
- Assist regulated professional while patients undergoing minor surgery ·
- Assist in raising awareness of health and well-being, and how it can be promoted ·
- Give accurate and appropriate information to patients and groups within own competence ·
- Undertake simple dressing procedures following local recommendations and using aseptic techniques ·
- Where appropriate, provide support and encouragement to patients to self-manage their conditions ·
- Have a basic understanding of long term conditions including diagnostic interventions, treatments, and the principles of care and self-management · Plan, develop and implement health promotion activities as appropriate e.g. smoking, exercise and diet ·
- Assess patients readiness to change and provide motivational support as appropriate in cases of smoking, obesity and healthy living for older people ·
- To administer the influenza and pneumococcal vaccine under indirect supervision of a regulated professional ·
- To gain the underpinning knowledge and practical skills to administer basic life support
- NVQ level 1 Healthcare qualification required
- Experience in minor illness, specifically in a fast pasted walk in environment
- Accurately use of using clinical systems software for audit
- Exceptional communication skills
- Previous healthcare assistant experience
- Be fully competent in venepuncture
- Works productively in a high pressured environment
- Writes clearly, succinctly and correctly
- Understands NHS process/systems
- The ability to build relationships at all levels
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude
- A ‘self-starter’ with the ability to plan and organise workload effectively
- Creative, flexible and able to work in a time pressured environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong computer literacy