OneMedicalGroup is a national award-winning health and wellbeing company, working within the NHS.
Through five complementary divisions, OneMedicalGroup supports and delivers high quality NHS services across primary, urgent and community care settings.
As Medical Secretary, the post holder will provide comprehensive secretarial, typing and administrative support to the service, including typing of referral letters (including urgent referrals and those dictated by GPs), dealing with patient enquiries and other service providers in relations to referrals, use of dictation software, maintenance of files, dealing with telephone calls, and general office procedures.
The post holder will be required to summarise and code relevant information from patient’s clinical records into the Practice clinical system, working strictly in accordance with the practice’s notes summarising protocol. Though the base office will be at The Light Surgery in Leeds city centre, the job holder will support all 4 surgeries that OneMedical Group has in Leeds area.
Practice based post holders may occasionally be required to cover reception duties, as and when required, to cover holidays, sickness and busy periods. The Medical Secretary will project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
The candidate is required to:
- Experience of NHS online systems e.g. Emis Web, SystmOne, eReferral (Choose & Book) system
- Experience of digital dictation systems e.g. Lexicom
- Previous NHS/Medical Secretary experience
- Previous experience of working within General Practice
- Previous experience of working within a busy administrative environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages e.g. PowerPoint, Word
- Excel and other IT skills acquired through training and practical experience