Imagine not being able to move, sleep, or smile. Feeling anxious or depressed and struggling to think or remember. Your body not feeling like your own. This is what Parkinson's can feel like.
Every hour, two people in the UK are told they have Parkinson's – a brain condition that turns lives upside down, leaving a future full of uncertainty. Parkinson’s UK is an ambitious and dynamic charity, passionate about improving the lives of everyone affected by Parkinson’s. We will stop Parkinson’s, for good.
Parkinson’s UK is an ambitious and dynamic charity, passionate about improving the lives of everyone affected by Parkinson’s. We will stop Parkinson’s, forever.
About the role
We're looking for an experienced, creative and strategic programme manager to launch and further develop our new movement-building membership proposition.
We need someone who can transform strategy into meaningful work plans, provide effective creative oversight and take a lead in delivering key activities for one of our most important initiatives.
About the programme
As a charity we work alongside a huge range of people affected by Parkinson's - but our current approach to membership doesn't reflect the inclusive and energetic organisation that we are. We want to get everyone who's been touched by Parkinson’s to join a growing movement dedicated to positive change.
What you’ll do
You will lead one of the charity's most important programmes of work. In this role you'll be helping teams deliver fantastic work to a clear strategic vision. This includes:
- Embedding and upholding the strategic and creative vision for our new movement-building membership proposition
- Developing an appropriate and lean approach to the management and delivery of this programme of work
- Collaborating with colleagues across the organisation to launch the programme and plan next steps
- Monitoring and reporting performance against programme targets
- Stakeholder management and collaboration with key groups within the growing movement - from local groups in the community to senior management staff
What you’ll bring
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to manage and plan across multiple workstreams and teams
- Experience in strategic programme leadership
- Experience in delivering communication campaigns and working with a communications team
- Agile approach to delivery - in particular being able to iterate the programme approach in response to feedback and learnings during implementation
- Self-organising and pro-active approach
- Awareness and engagement with data protection issues and GDPR requirements
Please only apply if you can demonstrate evidence of the above criteria in your cover letter or CV.
Interviews will be held week commencing 10 December 2018
Please note, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified.