Imagine not being able to move, sleep, or smile. Feeling anxious or depressed and struggling to think or remember. Your body not feeling like your own. This is what Parkinson's can feel like. Every hour, two people in the UK are told they have Parkinson's – a brain condition that turns lives upside down, leaving a future full of uncertainty.
Parkinson’s UK is an ambitious charity with bold plans to shift public perceptions of Parkinson's and get the charity noticed. We're passionate about improving the lives of everyone affected by Parkinson’s and we want YOU to help us do that.
About the role
We have a brand-new role for a dynamic and talented individual to lead our content team. This is a role with huge opportunity for impact in a time of growth and change for the charity. We have bold and exciting ambitions for the next few years to raise our brand profile, support more people affected by Parkinson’s and significantly change public understanding of the condition.
Working within a highly collaborative directorate, you’ll be delivering bold and innovative content to surprise, educate and inspire our audiences.
This role is key to bringing our cause to life and engaging more people in a growing movement for Parkinson’s, through brand awareness; approach to communications; and audience insight.
What you'll do
- Provide confident direction across editorial content strategy, storytelling, and campaign ideas.
- Boost creativity across our content – in both approach and execution.
- Expert hands-on editorial content creation and copywriting for a wide range of our communications (around 50% of your time will be hands on).
- Champion, protect and develop our tone of voice and key messaging with brand identity.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with teams across the charity including working closely with our Information content team.
- Lead our website content and team of devolved web editors.
- Manage, inspire and lead our content editors and copywriters, as well as managing a pool of freelancers.
What you'll bring
- Experience of developing and delivering an effective content strategy, including overseeing cross-channel editorial content creation.
- Line management experience and an inspiring, proactive leadership style
- Excellent copywriting ability - to suit a range of audiences and formats
- Experience of creating and managing digital content
- A wealth of creative ideas and approaches
This is an exciting time for Parkinson’s UK and we would love you to join us!
Parkinson's UK promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance, flexi-time and flexible working. For more information on our benefits, please click here: Benefits
Interviews will be held w/c 18 March 2019