Imagine not being able to move, sleep, or smile. Feeling anxious or depressed and struggling to think or remember. Your body not feeling like your own. This is what Parkinson's can feel like.
Every hour, two people in the UK are told they have Parkinson's - a brain condition that turns lives upside down, leaving a future full of uncertainty.
Parkinson’s UK is a people-powered movement. Together we will find the cure, and improve life for everybody affected by Parkinson’s. Join us!
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and talented individual to lead our creative team. This is a role with huge opportunity for impact in a time of growth and change for the charity. We have bold and exciting ambitions for the next few years to raise our brand profile, support more people affected by Parkinson’s and significantly change public understanding of the condition.
Working within a highly collaborative directorate, you’ll be hands-on delivering and driving bold and innovative creative to surprise, educate and inspire our audiences.
This role is key to bringing our brand to life and revealing the reality of living with Parkinson’s. You will provide clear creative direction, inspiring leadership and mentoring for our creative team, which also include managing our agencies and freelancers through an approved roster.
What you'll do
- Provide confident creative direction across our visual identity, visual storytelling, AV and campaign ideas.
- Boost creativity across our work – in both approach and execution.
- Develop our AV strategy and how this shapes our content strategy and content marketing.
- Champion, develop and protect our brand including our brand guidelines and photo library.
- Expert hands-on design for a wide range of our communications (around 60% of your time will be hands on creative work).
- Build strong collaborative relationships with teams across the charity.
- Manage, inspire and lead our designers and AV producer, as well as managing a pool of freelancers and creative agency roster.
What you'll bring
- Experience of delivering creative direction and creative strategy.
- Line management experience and an inspiring, proactive leadership style.
- Hands on creative design ability - for both online and offline.
- Experience of producing and editing video for digital channels (and ideally audio).
- Ability to flex creative style to suit a range of audiences.
- A wealth of creative ideas and approaches.
- Agency experience desirable.
This is an exciting time for Parkinson’s UK and we would love you to join us!
Interviews will be held on 26 September 2019
Parkinson's UK promotes a healthy work life balance with generous holiday allowance, flexi-time and flexible working. For more information on our benefits, please click here