Parkinson’s UK drives better care, treatments and quality of life for people affected by Parkinson’s. Together we can bring forward the day when no one fears Parkinson’s. Join us.
About the role
As part of our drive to become a more data-driven organisation, Parkinson’s UK is looking for a Data Strategy Lead. The Data Strategy Lead will be our champion and expert on data’s role in bringing forward the day when no-one fears Parkinson’s. This will mean shaping the charity’s thinking and practice on the strategic use of data by:
- defining a vision for data’s role in delivering our organisational strategy, including the role of external data sources in helping us understand Parkinson’s, eg. open NHS data
- managing the development of a strategy and roadmap to meet that vision for 2017-19
- managing key strategic data projects - in particular helping us develop a joined-up view of the people we interact with and using that to deliver highly personalised advice and support from the point of diagnosis
- championing data-led decision making in the organisation
- driving the development of appropriate governance around data use
- supporting teams with planning and use of data
- overseeing compliance activity
- collaborating with our IT team to review our data architecture and approach to CRM
The role will work closely with our database team but is not responsible for day-to-day data management.
You’ll be joining Parkinson’s UK at an exciting time as we drive forward an ambitious digital transformation programme affecting every area of the charity
Skills, knowledge and experience
The successful candidate will have experience of developing data strategies – ideally for the not for profit sector and leading change within a medium-sized organisation.
The role is advertised as full time FTC for 12 months with the possibility of going permanent and we are open to flexible working patterns.
Interview dates: 12th/13th April 2017