We have an exciting opportunity to join our brand new Paul Smith store based in Berlin. As Assistant Manager you will effectively support the Shop Manager in the overall running and operation of the Department and Shop. To achieve and exceed set financial targets. To be responsible for ensuring exceptional customer service levels are consistent through driving a focused and knowledgeable team.
• To effectively manage all the shop staff in close liaison with the Shop Manager and Regional Manager with all matters, with particular reference to recruitment, induction, training, discipline and appraisals. To ensure that correct staffing levels are maintained at all times.
• To maintain and increase sales throughout the year and achieve set financial & key performance targets.
• To liaise & update the Regional Manager regarding financial budgets and weekly reports relating to the shop in the absence of the Shop Manager.
• To assist the Shop Manager and ensure in their absence, that the shop has the correct levels of stock and that replenishment orders are placed, as required, in close liaison with the Retail Merchandising team.
• To increase the shop customer base by actively pursuing new audience through networking in the city; to act as an ambassador for the brand and shop within the Neighbourhood and be aware of all relevant events and important periods for the market.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• High grades in German, English and Maths or equivalent, or high level of practical attainment.
• Fluent in spoken and written German to business standards; very high standard of spoken & written English.
• Advanced computer literacy in Excel and Word.
• Previous proven Assistant Manager experience in high fashion retail; practical people management skills.
• Experience in growing a strong clientele background within luxury retail.
• Proven track record in delivering excellent customer service; to be a Brand Ambassador.
• Ability to increase & maintain sales; ability to interpret sales related data.
• High level interest in the Paul Smith brand; Passion for style and fashion and retail in general.
• Has ability to motivate team; self-motivated & enthusiastic.
• Good planning & organisational skills. Ability to use initiative when required.
• Ability to be an ambassador for Paul Smith. Smart in appearance and individual.
• Reliable, trustworthy and honest. Able to work flexible hours to meet business demands if required.