As Deputy Shop Manager, you will act as brand ambassador and have overall responsibility for the running of the Shop. You will drive, with strategic vision to achieve and exceed set financial targets whilst providing an iconic customer-service experience. As a natural leader you will ensure the development of all staff, to deliver outstanding results whilst maintaining operational excellence.
• To maintain and increase sales throughout the year; to drive strategy and initiatives to achieve and exceed set financial targets; to liaise with Senior Retail Management regarding financial budgets.
• To manage, in close liaison with Senior Retail Management and HR, all of the staff within the Shop; recruitment, induction, training, discipline and appraisals.
• To ensure all relevant operational documents are completed on time and accurately.
• To act as an ambassador for the brand and shop within the Neighbourhood and be aware of all relevant events and important periods for the market.
• To ensure that the Shop is always merchandised to the Company’s desired standard and that, with liaison with the Display Department, the Shop displays are changed on a weekly basis.
• To maintain close communication with the Buying Office, Press Office and Retail Office, to ensure that up to date and relevant information is relayed.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Minimum GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths or equivalent
• Previous Deputy or Assistant shop within high fashion retail.
• Manager experience of a large store, proven practical man management skills / managed a team of a minimum of 10 people.
• Ability to increase & maintain sales; ability to interpret sales related data.
• Proven track record in delivering excellent customer service.
• Computer literate in shop management systems
• High level interest in the Paul Smith brand; Passion for style and fashion and retail in general.
• Highly self-motivated & enthusiastic; ability to motivate others. Calm & positive
• Excellent planning & organisational skills. Ability to use initiative when required.
• Ability to be an ambassador for Paul Smith. Smart in appearance and individual.
• Reliable, trustworthy and honest. Able to work flexible hours to meet business demands if required.
In addition to the annual salary this role attracts -
- A generous Clothing Allowance
- Discretionary discount on PSL goods
- An annual leave entitlement of 28 days, inclusive of Bank Holidays increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 33 days
For more information on this role, please click on the Job Description below.