This is a temporary role for approximately 4 months assisting, as needed the Grading and Pattern Cutting Department, in particular the Pattern Grading Assistant Manager to keep the flow of work on schedule.
• Create, check and file working drawings for size charts to the department’s requirements.
• Chase, find and return garment samples required for grading.
• Assist with tracing, card cutting and marking up of graded and sample patterns.
• Digitise and prepare patterns on the Assyst computer and assist with filing, library organisation and pattern sending as required.
• Convert sample patterns to AAMA format.
• Assist Pattern Cutters and Sample Machinists as and when required.
• Any other related duties, not specified above, as outlined by your Line Manager.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Grading or Pattern Cutting related qualification or equivalent.
• Minimum GCSE or equivalent Grade C in Maths.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Coral Draw and Illustrator.
• Previous credible experience of basic grading or pattern cutting.
• Knowledge of garment construction.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Highly systematic, well organised and meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Able to prioritise and work to set deadlines.
• Flexible to travel and work extra hours as needed.
In addition to the annual salary this role attracts -
• Flexi time
• An annual leave entitlement of 28 days, inclusive of Bank Holidays