We are looking for a talented and dynamic individual who is as passionate about our business as we are. We have an exciting opportunity to intern with our Womenswear Production Team, working within an integral part of our company. You will work closely alongside the Paul Smith and PS by Paul Smith Womenswear Team to assist with technical development and production of both collections, whilst carrying out general studio duties to ensure the smooth running of the department. Commencing from July 2018 for a duration of 6 months, this is an unpaid undergraduate internship; daily lunch and local travel costs will be reimbursed.
• To assist the Technical Team in measuring the collections ready for fittings.
• To assist the Technical Team in drafting factory documents in regards to fit comments.
• Creating and maintaining a system for sampling and prototypes.
• Update design boards (style, fabric and colour) through close collaboration with the Production Manager and ensure boards are updated on a daily basis and copied, distributed and archived when requested.
• To support the team in coordinating the swatch book preparation, running the report and proof reading the swatch book with the Graphic team.
• Running fabric reports and sending fabric requests for sampling.
• To undertake clearing wardrobes and organising goods for the Warehouse sale, with assistance from the Production Manager.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Currently studying towards a degree in Fashion, Textile Design or related subject.
• Previously attained 2 A Levels or equivalent and a minimum GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English subjects or equivalent qualifications.
• High level of computer literacy in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office suite.
• Knowledge of fashion design processes, fabric bases and colour.
• Familiar with creating design boards.
• Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
• Able to plan, organise and prioritise to meet set deadlines.
• Self-motivated and disciplined.
• Strong interest in fashion and awareness of trends and seasons.
Applicants must verify their student status as part of the application process and also be available from July 2018 onwards.