We are looking for talented and dynamic individuals who are as passionate about our business as we are. We have an exciting opportunity to intern with our Menswear Design Team, giving you a really good understanding of how a Design department runs day to day. Working within an integral part of our company, you will support with research, design and development of the Paul Smith collections and carry out general design studio and administration duties to ensure the smooth running of the department. Commencing from July 2018 onwards. This is an unpaid undergraduate internship; daily lunch and local travel costs will be reimbursed.
• To assist and work with all members of the design studio on a variety of tasks including; mood boards, colour boards, colour cards, research, organising the studio space and sourcing art supplies.
• To assist with the sewing up of trials and new development samples, creating maquettes and draping on the stand.
• To work on colourway options, print placements, artworks for fabric developments and embellishments using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• To amend and update sketches and fitting imagery using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator when needed.
• To update design boards (style, fabric, colour, research) through close collaboration with the team and ensure boards are photographed, copied, distributed and archived when requested.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Currently studying towards a degree in Fashion, Textile Design or related subject.
• Previously attained 2 A Levels or equivalent practical attainment and a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above, including Maths and English subjects or equivalent qualifications.
• Advanced user of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office suite.
• Creative flair with knowledge of fashion design processes, fabric bases, colour and proportion.
• Basic machine and hand sewing skills
• Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
• Able to plan, organise and prioritise to meet set deadlines.
• Self-motivated and disciplined.
• Strong interest in fashion and awareness of trends.
Applicants must verify their student status as part of the application process and also be available from July 2018 onwards.
Please note, as the role closes on the 26/02/2018 all candidates will be contacted by week commencing 05/03/2018.
Please note this role requires that you submit a link within the application form, to a colour portfolio containing work examples totalling no more than 10 pages. This should be available for 6 weeks after the advert closing date. Please submit this as part of your Cover Letter.