Based in our London office, the Retail Interior Designer will work as part of a team of talented in-house Shop Designers on all shop design projects in respect of design and installation of new shops and updates to existing shop fits. We require a skilled middle weight designer to join the growing team in order to help deliver luxury retail environments from concept to detailed design. This role will provide a positive opportunity for a designer looking for an exciting career move to work as part of a dedicated design team for a luxury British fashion brand.
• To design and produce concept, layout and detailed drawing packages for new and existing retail projects.
• Producing sample boards for new projects and working closely with managers in order to ensure designs meet commercial requirements.
• Liaising with external partners including briefing manufacturers and supervising installation.
• Overseeing the delivery of numerous franchise and wholesale retail projects in the U.K. and abroad whilst ensuring they are delivered to time-bound deadlines.
• To keep abreast of trends, ideas and new materials with a relevance to shop design.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• A minimum of a 2:1 BA Hons Architecture Degree or Interior Architecture/Design, Product and Furniture Design or equivalent.
• The ability to effectively work on multiple design projects at once whilst maintaining high standards of work.
• Highly computer literate with knowledge of design packages including Vectorworks. It is also desirable to have experience in Adobe, Cinema 4D and Solidworks software.
• A minimum of 3 years previous credible experience at every stage of the design process from concept to completion.
• Experience of project management in order to work effectively with manufacturers and business partners in disparate locations.
• Ability to think creatively and visualise design concepts in order to explain these to others.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Highly organised with exceptional prioritisation and planning skills.
• Passion for Interior Design, Architecture and a strong interest in furniture and fashion.
• Highly self-motivated with the ability to work to own initiative and meet key deadlines.
• A team member who has the ability to deal with people at all levels in order to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
• Well-presented and smart appearance.
In addition to the annual salary this role attracts:
• A generous Clothing Allowance
• Discretionary discount on PSL goods
• An annual leave entitlement of 28 days, inclusive of Bank Holidays increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 33 days
Please note this role requires that you submit a link within the application form, to a colour portfolio containing work examples totalling no more than 10 pages. This should be available for 4 weeks after the advert closing date.