To effectively support the Shop Manager in the overall running and operation of the Shop. To achieve and exceed set financial targets.
• To effectively manage all shop staff matters in close liaison with Shop Manager/Area Manager, including recruitment/induction, training, discipline & appraisals.
• To ensure that correct staffing levels are maintained at all times.
• To maintain and increase sales throughout the year and achieve set financial & key performance targets.
• To assist the Shop Manager with attaining correct stock levels and placing replenishment orders in close liaison with the Retail Merchandising team.
• To assist the Shop Manager in ensuring that the shop is always merchandised to the Company’s desired standard, with liaison with the Display & VM Department.
• To ensure that the staff are given relevant product training throughout the year.
• To support in growing existing customer spending by driving the staff on weekly clienteling routines, and reporting on the results.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Educated to A level standard / GCSE grade C & above in English & Maths or equivalent/ high level of practical attainment. Advanced Excel and Word skills.
• Previous proven Deputy or Assistant Manager experience in high fashion retail.
• Proven practical people management skills.
• Ability to manage shop during absence of the Shop Manager in every respect.
• Proven track record in delivering excellent customer service.
• Ability to increase & maintain sales; ability to interpret sales related data
• Excellent grasp of all retail standards & procedures. Computer literate in shop management systems.
• Understanding of stock management.
• High level interest in the Paul Smith brand; Passion for style and fashion and retail in general.
• Has ability to motivate team; self-motivated & enthusiastic.
• Good planning & organisational skills. Ability to use initiative when required.
• Ability to be an ambassador for Paul Smith. Smart in appearance and individual.
• Reliable, trustworthy and honest. Able to work flexible hours to meet business demands if required.
In addition to the annual salary this role attracts –
- A generous Clothing Allowance
- Uniform Allowance
- Discretionary discount on PSL goods
- An annual leave entitlement of 28 days, inclusive of Bank Holidays increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 33 days
For more information on this role, please click on the Job Description below.