We are looking for an efficient Accounts Assistant to join the Purchase Ledger team in our Nottingham offices. The primary function of this role is to assist the Accounts team in preparing accounts reports for both internal and external purposes. We are flexible in the recruitment of this position and will also consider candidates who would like to work shorter shifts over 5 days.
• Regular filing of all purchase ledger invoices and associated paperwork.
• Nominal coding of all purchase invoices prior to computer entry.
• Preparation of invoices and handling queries as and when required.
• Amending costing for invoiced price discrepancies.
• Obtain authorisation of all purchase invoices.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• 5 GCSE’s, grade A-C including Maths and English.
• Highly computer literate with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• It is desirable to have demonstrated accounts experience in a busy office environment.
• A team member with highly tuned inter-personal skills.
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to set deadlines.
• Attention to detail with the ability to prioritise own workload.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Well-presented and smart appearance.
In addition to the annual salary this role attracts -
• A generous Clothing Allowance
• Discretionary discount on PSL goods
• An annual leave entitlement of 28 days, inclusive of Bank Holidays increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 33 days