We have an exciting opportunity to join our brand new Paul Smith store based in Berlin. As Shop Manager, you will act as brand ambassador and have overall responsibility for the running of the Shop. You will drive, with strategic vision to achieve and exceed set financial targets whilst providing an iconic customer-service experience. As a natural leader you will ensure the development of all staff, to deliver outstanding results whilst maintaining operational excellence.
• To manage, with close liaison with the Regional Manager, UK and Head of HR, all of the staff within the Shop. With particular reference to recruitment, induction, training, discipline and appraisals. To ensure that the correct staffing levels are maintained at all times.
• To act as an ambassador for the brand and shop within the city and be aware of all relevant events and important periods for the market.
• To maintain and try to increase sales throughout the year and achieve set financial targets.
• To maintain a high level of customer service at all times within the Shop.
• To increase the shop customer base by actively pursuing new audience through networking in the city.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• High grades in German, English and Maths or equivalent, or high level of practical attainment.
• Fluent in spoken and written German to business standards, very high standard of spoken and written English. Advanced computer literacy in Excel and Word.
• Previous proven Shop Manager experience in luxury fashion retail within Germany.
• Ability to drive and develop sales; ability to interpret sales related data.
• Excellent proven retail operational skills and standards. Ability to monitor stock levels
• Proven track record in delivering excellent customer service; growing new and existing customer spend through regular clienteling routines.
• Proven practical man management skills/managed a team of a minimum of 5 to 10 people. Previous experience conducting staff appraisals/dealing with staff issues effectively.
• High level interest in the Paul Smith brand; Passion for style and fashion and retail in general.
• Ability to lead a team and motivate others; Team player, helpful, approachable, honest, trustworthy and reliable.
• Displays initiative and able to think creatively in order to drive the business.
• Influential and confident with the ability to deal with people at all levels; ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
• Committed and hardworking, able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• Ability to be an ambassador for Paul Smith. Smart appearance and individual.
In addition to the annual salary this role attracts -
• A generous Clothing Allowance
• Discretionary discount on PSL goods