The Pilot Group
Today’s world runs on critical infrastructure and technology. Pilot Group are dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment. We lead the way in SMART, SAFE and SUSTAINABLE infrastructure solutions. With combined experience over 5 decades spanning across electronics, electrical, heating and lighting markets, we pride ourselves in working in partnership with organisations world-wide to deliver integrated technology to improve working environments and transport systems.
Our businesses cover EMS - energy management, LED Lighting, ESL - data storage and connectivity, EV charging and traffic control systems, TWM - Traffic Management Control Systems, working across a wide range of commercial and industrial applications.
Who are The Pilot Group?
We’re a UK business, proud of our North West roots, as well as our national operation and global reach. We use our expert knowledge and skills across all our divisions to develop intelligent tech solutions that optimise performance. We work with businesses to help them adapt and keep pace with a rapidly changing world, which is why we create specialist teams with the relevant strengths and vision to grow your business. We’ve been problem solving for our customers for more than 25 years, accumulating valuable knowledge and industry insights that allow us to continually create new and innovative solutions.
Sales & Business Development Manager - Northern Ireland
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE;
Source / close sales opportunities in and around Ireland to achieve and exceed proposed sales targets representing and within the group of business for The Pilot Group. You will play a key role in increasing income and revenue by managing and negotiating with clients, generating leads, qualifying prospects and managing sales of products and services within your area. You will support and help deliver the business sales strategy and provide vital intel to help the The Pilot Group business grow.
• Create brand awareness in the area
• “Get the sale” using various customer sales methods
• Close the sale
• Research the market to open sales opportunities
• Forecast sales
• Set and deliver KPI’s
• Evaluate customers skills, needs and build productive long lasting relationships
• Meet personal sales target
• Research accounts and generate or follow through sales leads
• Attend meetings, sales events and trainings to keep abreast of the latest developments
• Report and provide feedback to management using statistical data
• Maintain and expand client database within your assigned territory
• Deliver presentations to potential and current customers
• Support and deliver the sales strategy for The Pilot Group
• Maintain knowledge of the competition
• Stay ahead of affairs within the Highways industry
• Complete and process Quotes
• Compete the CRM system for your area of the business
• Help deliver tenders when needed
• Undertake other duties as necessary to the role/business
• Deliver the vision and mission
- Report to Senior Sales and Business Development Manager monthly on KPI’s and opportunities
- Achieve Sales KPI’s – Revenue and GP, Quotes, Weekly forecast call volumes, call times, self-generated leads, decision maker contacts, meetings/calls arranged.
• Minimum 3 year’s experience in on-the-road sales
• Experienced in electronics and manufacturing knowledge
• Proven sales experience
• Track record of over-achieving sales targets
• Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM
• Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
• Self-motivated and driven
• Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word etc)
• Demonstrated negotiation skills
• Strong communication skills and presentation skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven organisational and planning ability
• Teamwork is essential
Benefits to working for The Pilot Group include;
- Healthshield - Healthcare, Dental, Optical
- Life Assurance (after 3 months) 4 x annual salary
- Holiday purchase scheme - In December, you will have the chance to purchase 3 days holiday for the following year.
- Metro Moneywise - Available after successful probation - Employee savings facility
It is a critical part of the job function that you have the ability to manage, evaluate and accept change.
You will be required to work from all Pilot Group sites, around the UK.
The job title / description does not define or limit the work that you are employed to do and you may be required to do any work within your capacity which the Employer from time to time requires including transfers between departments.
In addition to the duties listed, the jobholder is required to perform other reasonable duties (within the jobholders capabilities) assigned by line management. Your job description may be altered by the Employer from time to time, either through business needs or to comply with Government legislation. Any such alteration will be notified to you in writing prior to implementation and an amended document issued.
Diversity and Inclusion;
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.