This is a fantastic opportunity to join Plymouth Community Homes. We are a leading provider of homes and excellent services in Britain’s rapidly developing Ocean City. With a great team we deliver good quality, well-managed and well-maintained homes, and vibrant, sustainable, communities.
You will be seeking a dynamic, contemporary, and flexible working environment that also offers variety and a chance to contribute to the success of an established major player in the social housing sector, whilst developing your own skills in a business focused team.
The role of Application Support Analyst/Programmer is to ensure that the PCH suite of integrated applications is maintained, operated and administered to an appropriate standard, and to assist with the software development, testing and implementation of system enhancements and application interfaces, as well as providing 2nd / 3rd line applications support as required. Typically based in our spacious and modern Plymouth Offices, this new role sits in a sizeable and well respected IT team, itself part of an energised, enthusiastic and flexible staff who are making a significant impact on our city.
This is an exciting and challenging role and a great opportunity to work within a professional and friendly environment. You will have the benefits of flexible working, an attractive pension scheme and a good work life balance.
As you would expect from a sector leader we offer:
- An attractive and competitive salary
- Agile/flexible working opportunities
- 25 days annual leave (rising each year to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years’ service)
- Annual Leave Trading
- Excellent defined contributions pension with a high level of employer contributions
- Free annual flu vaccination
- A significant investment in learning and personal development
- Employee Discounts, Benefits, Recognition and Wellbeing Scheme
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free onsite gym
- The opportunity to work in a beautiful and vibrant part of the Southwest
You will need:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a professional IT environment in roles involving application support for multiple applications, software development and scripting.
- The ability to demonstrate initiative and effectively resolve incidents when operating without supervision; carry out systems analysis and engage with business users to discuss, define and agree functional requirements; be client focused and support orientated.
- Knowledge of PL/SQL or T-SQL
- Experience of the Northgate Housing Management System would be highly desirable.
Please select apply if you wish to be considered for this fantastic opportunity. Please refer to the person specification and demonstrate how you consider that your knowledge, skills and experience meet the requirements of the job.
This post is suitable for job share.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Sheila Thorpe on 01752 388345.
Shortlisting Date: Week commencing 1st March 2021
Interview Date: Week commencing 8th March 2021
We are a committed Equal Opportunities employer. We welcome applications from suitably talented people from any community and background.