Who we are
Plymouth Community Homes (PCH) Limited is a registered housing provider. Our registration number is 30637R. Our registered office is Plumer House, Tailyour Road, Crownhill Plymouth, PL6 5DH
For the purposes of data protection legislation, Plymouth Community Homes Limited is a Data Controller
Why we collect information
We collect and process your information because you wish to enter into a contract of employment with Plymouth Community Homes. This is the lawful basis for processing your information and carrying out our activities.
What we collect
In order to process your application and assess your suitability for a role we will collect the following personal and special category information from you:
- your name,
- telephone number,
- email address
- postal contact details,
- NI number,
- previous and current employment history,
- educational background,
- contact details for referees
- equality and diversity data
- if applicable, additional information to support any criminal reference checking.
How we collect your information
We collect your data, as a prospective member of staff, from the information you provide on the application form completed on Jobtrain.
Special Category information
Under data protection legislation certain personal information is classed as special category. This is information relating to racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, data concerning health, data about sexual orientation.
We minimise our holding and use of special category personal information but, we will collect
special category information in order to fulfil obligations and exercise specific rights in the field of employment law.
PCH will obtain information about past criminal convictions as a condition of employment for certain posts.
What we do with it
The data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- To provide our recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process including candidate shortlisting;
- to enable you to submit your CV and/or application form
- apply online for jobs
- to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you (including tailoring our website and our group companies websites when you log on to enrich your personal online experience)
- to answer your questions and enquiries
- verification of the details you have provided from third party source
- psychometric evaluation or skill test
- to use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- to undertake statistical analysis of anonymised data (equality and diversity)
- internal reporting through a candidate’s recruitment journey.
From time to time we will seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed above.
Personal data may be shared between colleagues who legitimately need the information to carry out their duties. The amount of personal information shared within PCH will be no more than is reasonably necessary, and will be anonymised where this does not undermine the purpose for which it is to be used.
How long we keep your information
Successful candidates’ information required for employment purposes will be retained throughout your employment. All other documentation not relevant will be securely destroyed 8 months after your start date has been confirmed, this includes any supporting documentation which you provide for criminal reference checking, proof of address etc.
Unsuccessful candidates’ data will be securely destroyed 8 months after the decision is made that your application has been unsuccessful adhering to the statutory requirement to retain information for a select period to allow candidates to challenge recruitment decisions.
Who we share information with
PCH may need to share your personal and special category personal data with third parties outside of PCH who are contracted to work on its behalf, for example; to carry out health assessments, reference and qualification checks and criminal reference checking services.
Through Jobtrain PCH are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect and process.
In certain circumstances, data protection legislation gives you a number of individual rights in relation to your personal data. For information on your individual rights please visit the ICO website
or contact PCH.
For more information please request a copy of our full Staff privacy notice from the HR department.
By clicking I agree you are confirming you have read and understand how our organisation will use and store your information.