We are P&O and we are going through some exciting changes. With an enviable heritage and fantastic brand recognition there has never been a better time to join us.
We have an extensive network of clients and partners we work with in Europe and to support that network our B2B freight sales team covers a number of European territories. We are currently looking for a sales manager to cover the Dutch area which is home to some of P&O's biggest clients. The role is home based and will be supporting a senior sales manager and will be responsible for generating €10mn of revenue every year.
This is a mix of account management alongside new business generation within the transportation and logistics sector. You will be tasked with maximising volume/ yield and revenue working alongside internal account managers to provide a seamless service for all of our customers. You will also be keeping an eye on the competition and making sure that any changes in the market are acted upon.
This role will require the right individual to negotiate with customers to provide the best outcome for P&O as well as keeping a competitive edge. You will also be representing the company at trade events and provide activity reports through Salesforce for the Head of Freight Sales.One of the key performance indicators will be customer visits and you will provide reports to senior management when required.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have the following skills:
- An excellent understanding of freight forwarding with an emphasis on European/ UK haulage business
- A track record in regularly achieving sales targets in a competitive environment
- A good knowledge of the freight industry including an understanding of the competitor landscape
- Excellent negotiation skills alongside fantastic presentation skills
- A commercial understanding and a good ability to make sound decisions based on fact
- It would be essential that you are fluent in Dutch and English and it would be desirable if you can speak French or German as well.
To apply for this unique home based role please click on the link below.