This role can potentially be based in London with travel to Dover head office one day per week.
We are P & O, with an enviable heritage, brand recognition and future investment there has never been a better time to join us.
We are currently looking for an External Relations Advisor who will be working with the Divisional Communications Manager to help deliver an ambitious programme of reputational enhancing communications during a time of immense change for the organisation.
You will developing and implementing a complex program of external relations across a range of channels and develop a long term external relations plan. You will be engaging with a number of external stakeholders which will vary from local communities all the way to governmental bodies.
P&O Ferries is a part of DP World and your external relations plan will be slotting into the overall communications and engagement plan for the larger business. DP World have a long term comprehensive external relations plan that has an international focus so this is an exciting time to join the business.
This is a brand new role and as such your ideas and input will have a long term and lasting effect around external relations. We work with a handful of external agencies so you will work alongside them helping to direct and manage them.
The team consists of an employee communications advisor and PR and social media manager so you will be supported by a well rounded team.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have the following skills:
- Previous experience in an external relations role within a corporate organisation
- Excellent stakeholder skills and the ability to work with local and national organisations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good strategic and tactical external relations experience
- An understanding within the travel or logistics sector would be useful
- The ability to work autonomously and prioritise projects.
If this role sounds of interest please click on the link below to apply.