This role is with our P&O Ferrymasters business, it will be based in continental Europe.
We are P & O, with an enviable heritage, brand recognition and future investment there has never been a better time to join us.
Working within the Pan-European sales region, the key purpose of this role is to acquire good quality new business from existing and potential blue chip clients, whilst ensuring that revenue opportunities are always maximised. You will have the ability to establish and build trusting relationships with existing and new clients at various levels, particularly senior management, along with a strong ability to influence, negotiate and make key decisions.
Other key responsibilities will include:
• Playing an active part in the company’s commercial development and contributing innovative ideas for the development of the Pan-European businesses within the Freight Management, Intermodal, and Trailer Business Units;
• Establishing close relationships with existing and new key customers, ensuring that all potential business opportunities are explored;
• Offering sustainable solutions that create real value to the most senior-level executives in the customer community;
• Promoting transparent communication and involvement of all levels of staff within the business, to enhance a sense of unity;
• Meeting challenges of the future by being on top of market and customer developments and trends, with the aim of shaping a desirable and time resilient customer value proposition;
• Representing the company at various customer and prospect related platforms;
• Close cooperation with the company’s European tender desk.
But on that first morning before you get down to work…we’ll introduce you to your new colleagues over a coffee. That will give you a friendly taste of what it’s like to be part of our team – because people are our main asset and teamwork defines our style.
As Corporate Sales Manager you must have significant experience in the commercial process at a strategic level. You are highly motivated to acquire new strategic business, and at the same time will perfectly understand the fit with internal business needs and goals.
• Have a recognized professional Commercial and/or Logistics management qualification or equivalent degree;
• Have at least 10 years of work experience in an international environment in all areas of the Logistics industry;
• Have a strong track record in selling logistic solutions to Blue Chip clients;
• Have strong communication skills and innovative mindset;
• Have influencing and negotiating skills;
• Are a self-starter with excellent organisational skills;
• Possess excellent presentation skills and use of Powerpoint and/or Prezi;
• Fluently speak English, and preferably also German;
• Are willing to travel on regular basis (60% of working week) in order to visit (potential) European customers.
If you are interested in this role please click on the link below.