We are P&O, an immediately recognisable brand with an enviable pan-european freight and tourist heritage stretching back 183 years, there has never been a better time to join us!
Our port facilities in Hull are currently the home of a great opportunity as we are looking for individuals to join our Port Operations team working on the quayside as a Port Operative engaging in discharging/loading unaccompanied freight operating RoRo tractor units securing/unsecuring freight and mooring operations.
To be considered for the role you must possess a full UK driving license and /or be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ensuring all operations are carried out in a safe manner ensuring the safety of self and others.
- To discharge and load RoRo cargo in a safe and efficient manner, working in co-operation with Port and Ship Supervision/Management to load to optimal capacity.
- To secure and unsecure cargo on board vessels in a controlled, timely and safe manner.
- To ensure effective Mooring of vessels.
- To be flexible to work across all areas of the port operations to meet the demands of the business and vessel schedules.
- Working split shifts including weekends and Bank Holidays.
- To deliver a high standard of customer service to internal and external customers to present a positive image of P&O Ferries always.
- To undergo periodic training and refresher training as required.
- To be vigilant in helping to maintain the Company’s security culture on site, taking immediate action/reporting of any incidents.
- Marshalling of passenger vehicles when required in a safe, clear and efficient manner
It would be advantageous if you have experience in port operations worked in a similar operational environment or hold a HGV Class 1 license as training in operating RoRo tractors will be given to the successful applicant
If you are interested in joining the team in Hull, please apply today!