We are P&O, with an enviable heritage, brand recognition and future investment there has never been a better time to join us!
We have an exciting position open for a data scientist to help us make sense of the thousands of lines of data and information we receive every day, helping us make smarter decisions and deliver even better products. This is a brand new role and will involve helping the business understand and deliver consumer and trade offerings through more analytical methods.
Being the first person within the business to look at data differently you will define what the role looks like and how you will deliver the information to key stakeholders. You will be discovering information hidden in vast amounts of data and applying data mining techniques. There will also be work around statistical analysis and building high quality prediction systems integrated within our products.
You will be working with the wider commercial team to help build A/B testing models and use creative techniques to improve outcomes and provide insight in a brand new way for the business. This role will be integral in helping the business deliver the ambitious goals and the brand new strategy that our leadership team are developing.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have the following skills:
- A strong background as a data scientist and delivering insight using a huge amount of data
- Comfortable with translating ambiguous briefs into actionable insights
- Experience of using a range of tools and methodologies including audience segmentation, web analytics, data manipulation and visualisation and market intelligence platforms
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders from all levels of the business
- Translating complex insights into presentation for non data professionals
- A proven track record of applying data strategy and data analysis into a marketing context.
This is a great role for someone who is looking to change the thinking within a company with a fantastic brand heritage. If you are interested please click on the link below to apply.