We are P & O, with an enviable heritage, brand recognition and future investment there has never been a better time to join us.
We are currently looking for Technical Architects to help provide the support to ensure the business is compliant with IT Strategy and Standards. You will be defining and maintaining IT technical standards as part of the Architecture Services alongside analysing current technologies used within the company and determine ways to improve and deliver business benefit.
You will be receiving requirements and then designing solutions that cover both functional and non functional requirements. You will be working as part of a matrix team and you will be communicating your designs with Business Analysts and the Programme Directors.
We are in the midst of a number of major transformations and this role will support work that will have long term impact at P&O Ferries.
The technical architect will also be required to provide evidence to back up the solution in Technical Approval Board and make sure that the solution is compatible with Target Operating Model.
There will be some flexibility around the location with occasional travel to Dover required.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have the following skills:
- Extensive experience of specifying IT solutions using high level design documents and detailed level design documents
- Significant experience as Solution Architect in a comparable business.
- Background in business analysis, development, application, integration and/or data development
- Experience of diverse, heterogeneous modern technology platforms including cloud (Azure preferred)
- Strong understanding of integration-type technologies: SOA, web services, Middleware and related technologies
- Strong understanding of databases and data modelling principles (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle)
- Knowledge of on premise and cloud technical infrastructure
- The ability to robustly defend solutions with multiple stakeholders
- Good experience of managing and prioritising multiple projects.
If you are interested in this role please click on the link below to apply.