We are P&O Ferries, with great brand heritage and the support of a global parent company there has never been a better time to join us!
We are currently looking for a Port Manager in Dublin to help manage the day to day operations in the port and support the Director of Ops to make sure that all activities are carried out safely, are cost effective, efficient, exceed customer expectations and engage employees.
You will leading and managing all of the operational P&O staff within Dublin Port making sure that the Port Services are delivered in the safest and most cost effective way possible. You will be leading on both the health and safety within the port as well as being the Port Security Officer making sure that the port safety protocols are being followed.
You will also ensure that all of the P&O vessels are leaving on time whilst maximising the space utilisation through co-operative work with the Freight Booking Office. There will also be the day to day management of the port staff working with your directly managed line managers. Working alongside the corporate People team you will be working on industrial relations which will include grievances and annual pay negotiations.
There will be also be work around the yearly budget and making sure that sound commercial decisions are being made to help keep within monthly guidelines. This is an incredibly varied role in an exciting and dynamic port that will suit someone who is looking to join somewhere going through a huge transformation.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have the following skills:
- Previous experience of working in major port leading on RoRo port operations
- Ability to manage a large team of multidisciplinary staff
- Experience of maritime security and have previously with security providers
- A strong understanding of port Health and Safety
- A strong commercial understanding and the ability to produce complex budgets
- A constant focus on continuous improvement and demonstrable experience of providing greater efficiencies alongside improved customer experience
If you are interested in this role please click on the link below to apply.