We are looking for chefs to work a week on/week off pattern on our short sea vessels sailing from Dover to Calais - All statutory certification/documentation required to work at sea (e.g. STCW- PST, PSSR etc)
We currently have opportunities available for Chefs.
You will be assisting the Head Chef for the Galley Operations on the vessel, ensuring all food storage, production and presentation are managed to the highest standards of safety and hygiene.
To be considered for this role, you will have and can demonstrate:
- Proven experience of working in a commercial, high volume food production operation.
- NVQ Level Two or higher (In Food Preparation qualifications) and/or City and Guilds 706 1, 2 and/or Ships Cook ticket part 1
- Level Two Food Safety by a recognised governing body
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to demonstrate an ability to cope under pressure in a busy working environment
- Able to meet and/or exceed performance targets
- Motivated, confident, able to make decisions, good organisational skills, have initiative, be innovative, be proactive
- A good understanding of Customer Satisfaction requirements.
- Must be able to meet all current statutory and health requirements for working at sea
It would be advantageous if you have:
- Knowledge and experience of ferry or travel related hospitality food and beverage operations
- Knowledge and experience in various restaurant working systems e.g. self-service, waiter service etc
- All statutory certification/documentation required to work at sea (e.g. STCW- PST, PSSR etc)
Please click on the attached job description for more information on the role.
We look forward to receiving your application.