We are P&O and we are going through some exciting changes. With an enviable heritage and fantastic brand recognition there has never been a better time to join us.
We are currently looking to bolster our ETO capabilities on board and recruiting for a number of Electro- Technical Officers. This role will make sure that the equipment and plant within the vessel are maintained and will be developing human element factors in the relevant areas.
This is an incredibly varied role and you will be taking charge of the ship's electrical, electronic and control systems whilst making sure that you are working in a safe environment. You will be minimising any equipment downtime and pre empting any issues that could be upcoming on the electrical and electronic systems. We are looking for doers who are thinkers and if you want to improve your already extensive knowledge then this role might be for you.
If you are interested in this role it is essential that you have the following skills:
- Experience as an ETO on merchant, marine or naval vessels
- A good understanding of electrical, electronic and control systems, plant and equipment of a Class 2 ro-ro passenger and freight ferry
- A Certificate of Competency as STCW iii/6 Electro- Technical Officer
- A current ENG1 Medical Certificate
- Complete training to comply with relevant sections of STCW Reg.V/2
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a multi- disciplinary team
- A basic understanding of risk assessment
- The ability to work independently and develop their own workload
- An understanding of priorities and the ability to re arrange priorities as emergencies arise.
Please note that interview dates will be week commencing 8 November 2021.
If this sounds like the next role for you apply now by clicking on the link below.