Permanent opportunities have become available for Customer Operations Agents, working within the Tourist Team based in Hull.
The main purpose of this role is to support the management team to deliver a cost effective, customer focused check in and disembarkation service to our tourist passengers
As part of the role, duties would include:
- Marshalling passengers, in conjunction with Government agencies (Customs, Immigration, Special Branch), delivering a high standard of customer service.
- To check-in passengers, in conjunction with Government agencies (Customs, Immigration, Special Branch), delivering a high standard of customer service.
- To create and assist in both booking and enquiries of travelling customers
- To process cash transactions, receiving payment by cash and credit/debit card in accordance with correct company procedures
- To assist with the embarkation and disembarkation of vessels whether customers have travelled by vehicle or foot giving clear direction.
- To check all boarding cards and travel documentation in line with statutory authority requirements.
- On occasions assist in other departments of operations as required, such as gatehouse.
- To immediately report any breaches or suspected breaches of security.
- Be fully conversant with and able to implement when appropriate, the manual fallback procedure.
- To present P&O Ferries in the best light at all times, particularly in difficult situations eg during times of disruption.
- To undertake driving duties subject to holding the relevant licence, and in accordance with Company and legislative requirements.
- Assisting with the evacuation of the terminal buildings in the event of a fire alarm/evacuation.
- Carry out such other duties as are consistent with the job-holder’s role and skills / capabilities as may, from time to time, be required by the company.
- To ensure the safety of self and others in the carrying out of duties.
So what skills are we looking for?
- Able to demonstrate effective, clear verbal communication skills
- Smart personal presentation.
- Able to deliver a high standard of customer service, with a pro-active approach
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
- Ability to deal with government agencies
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Excellent timekeeping
- Good Health & Safety awareness
At P&O we want you to be you. Not only will that make us stronger but will allow us to bring authenticity to everything we do. We know our customers come from all walks of life and so do our employees. We are all about connecting the world and that starts with finding connections with who you work with.
When we recruit we want to you to bring your whole self to work and we are working towards increasing diversity across all of our employees. We know we cannot be the best unless we recruit the best regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or neurodiversity.
If this role sounds of interest click on the link below to apply.